Ice Queen


His sparkling anger
Kicked my gut,
Trickling tears and
Churning pain,
Pulled me in the whirlpool
Of disdain.

I closed my heart
To bid farewell,
Every inch in me
Tried to run away.
Ice queen was back,
This time she isn’t going away.

She chided me,
“for letting her go,
For letting someone in,
When she said no.”
She reprimanded,
The child in me,
“Silly, you never learn
But burn”

I obliged her,
As she was right,
I have become
A silly girl again.
The goofy grin
And stary eyes,

Then when my resolve was strong,
He came in like an avalanche
Every resolve in me fought,
A girl in me,
Cried to talk.
Ice queen tied sealed my mouth,
Today she wasn’t going down.
This time he won't bring down
Ice queen's wall.

Then he shot an arrow of prose,
Words of the poem,
Melted Ice queens heart.
Warmth in her
Made her smile,
The boy was not like any other guy.
Diving at conclusions
Was perhaps wrong.
She retreated with a pleasant glance,
Asking the girl to stay strong.

The girl in me has dazed again,
Rainbows and unicorns,
Are real alas.
As I dance with the Sun and clouds

I give my toothy grin to all. 

Comments